Monday, November 5, 2007

Brilliancy

Brilliant.

I realized today that this is a word the Lord is giving me. At different points in the last few years God has given me significant words for my journey, and I haven't had one for awhile...my last word from the Lord was wait, and I've been in a waiting mode for a long time. But I sense God beginning to move me out of that place. The waiting time has been about a lot of inward motion toward God. Now God is placing some people and some possibilities in my life that call for more movement out.

So what does this have to do with brilliance? I have been considering Matthew 5:16 a lot lately, and what it means for me. "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." How do I let my light shine? What are the "good works" in my life that will glorify God?

Hebrews 1:3 says that Jesus is the brightness, or radiance of God's glory. So the more we know and experience Jesus in our daily life, the more He will be the brightness, the radiance in us shining out to others. This shining will be made visible through the "good works" He personally calls each of us to do in this world. When others see Jesus shining out of ordinary people, God gets glory.

Brilliancy: "Luster; a quality that outshines the usual."

2 comments:

  1. Amen! So excited to be on this journey toward Christ's brilliance to, in, and through us with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your faithfulness in waiting on the Lord has been an inspiration to me these past few years.I now see Him drawing you out of the shadows so others can know Him and His brilliance.
    I love this word!
    PH

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit...I love hearing from you!

Pam