Thursday, August 7, 2008

frenzies of untrust

Sometimes we forget who God is. What he said he'd do and be for us. Sometimes we get blindsided by fears. Fears that drive us to frenzied actions of untrust that seem right and safe to our logic, which is largely informed by our wounded hearts.

We have parts of our heart that need the gospel - the good news - to be believable again, so that the faith of lilies-in-the-field and birds-of-the-air is renewed in us. We need to know and experience God as our healer and restorer of hope.


Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed;
save me and I will be saved,
for You are my praise.
(Jeremiah 17:14)

1 comment:

  1. Loved your comment... so that the faith of lilies-in-the-field and birds-of-the-air is renewed in us.

    I have often pondered these good news spots.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit...I love hearing from you!

Pam